In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Salmon Brook Historical Society

Salmon Brook Historical Society Facts

Collections:
The Society's collections are housed in two museums, the Benjamin C. Wilder House and the Aroostook Agricultural Museum, which is located in a nearby barn. The two together form a farmstead. The house is furnished from the mid 19th century and the barn contains various antique tools, machines, etc.

Facilities:
The Benjamin C. Wilder House dates to 1852, and is currently refurnished in the fashion of that period. The house was bought by the Society in 1985 and is listed on the National Register of Historical Places.

The barn housing the Aroostook Agricultural Museum was built in 1989 to replace the original building, which burned down in 1938. This building houses many antique tools, pieces of machinery and other farming implements.